Clearsense is driven to do three things:
- Innovate often
- Execute always
- Deliver significant impact for the people we touch
As an experienced DevOps Engineer, you will be a lynchpin for execution for the technology team. In this role, you’ll work collaboratively with software engineering to deploy and operate our cloud systems. You will be asked to automate deployment of cloud-based solutions, monitor and maintain running systems, and troubleshoot and resolve issues. You’ll be responsible for supporting the continuous delivery of code and services into the Clearsense Cloud while using cutting edge tools like Atlassian Bamboo, Docker, Kubernetes, Openstack, Ansible and others.
This job requires the employee to work on site at our corporate offices. Our world headquarters are located in beautiful Jacksonville, Florida.
- Cloud infrastructure support and tuning of secure, health care related big data and analytics applications
- Support of build automation and cloud automation delivery tools like Atlassian Bamboo, Atlassian Bitbucket, Docker, Ansible and more.
- Proactive monitoring and performance tuning around key systems
- Collaborate with the multi-disciplined business analysts, technical analysts, data scientists and software engineers
- Create user and production support tools and documentation for the designs
- Degree in Computer Science, or a related subject
Skills & Experience
- A strong background in Linux/Unix administration, is essential
- Experience with automation/configuration management using Ansible, Puppet or Chef, is highly desireable
- Experience with a cloud infrastructure platforms (IaaS) like AWS, VMWare, Docker, Kubernetes, etc., is essential
- Experience with Java application administration, is essential
- Experience with SQL databases, is essential
- Experience with web-based systems and cloud architectures, is essential
- Experience with big data platforms like Hadoop, is highly-desirable
- Experience with big data cluster computing tools like Spark, is highly-desirable
- A strong understanding of network technologies, is essential
- Broad OSS experience is a must
- A consummate team player, nothing less
- Someone who wants to be a member of a world class software engineering organization
- Someone who is driven by the chance to improve, and to support others in their drive too
- An analytical, creative and practical approach to solving problems
Package & Perks
- Sweet gear! You’ll get to work with first class computing technology with your choice of MacBook Pro or Dell laptop
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours, to fit around personal commitments
- Paid breaks, in our own state-of-the-art open-plan offices, with premium hot drinks, gaming console and more
- Great work-life balance, paid time off, holidays and more
- Option to participate in company sponsored 401k
- Option to participate in medical, dental, vision, life and supplemental insurance
The Project Manager position plays a critical role in supporting Clearsense and our Cleveland, OH clients, by establishing the project plan and approach in addition to monitoring and controlling activities for both internal and external resources to accomplish all project goals and client expectations. Responsible for leading the successful delivery of the Clearsense Platform and supporting applications by being actively involved in the day to day activities as needed, facilitating communication and awareness, planning and overseeing the delivery from the point of inception.
Responsible for providing day-to-day project leadership of cross-functional project teams with specific focus on facilitating daily scrum sessions; removing team obstacles, managing project scope, communicating project progress and status to all stakeholders; ensuring work plan execution and updates, escalating issues and preparation of change requests; identifying and managing of project risks.
- Lead project role with responsibility for overall project from point of inception to delivery, with focus on establishing collaborative relationships with client and internal stakeholders.
- Develops and directs technical and non-technical project teams through all phases and activities of the project life-cycle process.
- Manages and works with team in the analysis, development, and delivery of engagement material and results.
- Plans, develops and maintains engagement, project and program plans, and works on multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ensures budget, schedule, and performance requirements are met.
- Required to analyze cross-technology and cross platform issues.
- Partners with subject matter experts when appropriate to evaluate the technical and economic feasibility of proposed solutions.
- Build and maintain strong relationship with internal and external stakeholders and effectively communicate with all stakeholders.
- Facilitate various project-related meetings, utilizing prepared agendas to keep meetings on track.
- Engages with all levels of staff and management in the technology and business units, operating in a fast-paced environment with teams that are focused on producing high quality solutions that add value and enhance client experiences.
- Ensures projects are delivered on time, on budget, and meets the client’s expectations, providing clear communication around the delivery plan and method.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- PMP certification preferred
- 3 + years of Project Management or Delivery Management experience preferably involving Healthcare Information Technology (HIT) within a health plan, provider, integrated delivery network, and/or hospital
- Experience with healthcare information systems, data sets, integration, and analytics preferred
- Experience with Agile development methodology is preferred
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Excellent analytical skills, very detailed oriented, and the ability to research and analyze various types of issues.
- Demonstrate understanding of existing HIT landscape and client challenges with traditional HIT solutions
- Ability to exercise tact and good interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to translate technical information to a non-technical audience for all levels of the organization, including executive management.
- Ability to work on multiple assignments and balance priorities and schedules.
- Ability to manage multiple workstreams concurrently, handle changing priorities and exceed client expectations.
- Must have a collaborative attitude and be able to develop excellent working relationships with all stakeholders.
- Ability to manage resource conflicts and understand organizational strengths and weaknesses to identify opportunities and areas of focus.
- Demonstrated experience in motivating and leading project teams.
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills, combined with the ability to communicate with highly technical and business management teams.
- Demonstrated resilience and flexibility
- Must be located in Cleveland, OH
The Product Owner is a key member of the Product team responsible for streamlining execution of product initiatives by defining effective user stories, prioritizing the product backlog, and collaborating with stakeholders through delivery. The Product Owner is the main point of contact, facilitating decision-making on features with other key Product team members to be developed and responsible for effectively gathering input from and managing expectations of all primary stakeholders throughout the development lifecycle. By developing strong relationships with technology and business stakeholders, the Product Owner ensures timely and effective delivery of product features to market as well as defect resolution.
Responsible for working collaboratively with Client Services and Product Dev/Delivery Leadership to create the prioritized requirements backlog; collaborates with the Project Manager in creating work plans and necessary support of project initiatives; works collaboratively with the Quality Assurance Specialist to create Test/Use Cases; actively manages the product backlog quickly answering questions when they arise; and works with team to validate work results.
· Prioritization and sprint planning ensuring features that provide the most value to stakeholders
· Prioritize, manage, and groom user stories and the product backlog
· Ensure all relevant stakeholder requirements are represented within the backlog and articulated through user stories and acceptance criteria
· Lead product iteration and sprint planning activities
· Lead the breakdown of product backlog into stories and associated tasks
· Lead user acceptance testing and participate in functional testing as needed
· Provide approval for story completion
· Serve as primary contact between internal/external stakeholders and development team
· Participate in daily stand-up, backlog grooming, sprint planning, sprint review, and retrospective
· Participate in and represent Product as part of change management team within release cycle activities
· Report progress on development initiatives to all stakeholders
· Provide access to development team for story clarification
· Offer guidance to the team during design, technical research, through testing phase to ensure user needs are met
· Maintain current knowledge of relevant industry trends
· Identify opportunities for product improvements
· Bachelor’s degree preferred in business, marketing, engineering, or computer science.
· Minimum of 2 years software product ownership, management, or analyst experience
· Must have demonstrated success with writing high quality business requirements and working closely with development team members from concept through development completion
· Experience with healthcare information systems, data sets, integration, and analytics preferred
· Experience with Agile development methodology is preferred
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
· Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
· Ability to exercise tact and good interpersonal skills
· Effective at problem solving, planning, organization, collaboration, earning trust, and managing relationships
· Ability to research options and propose strategies
· Drive innovative solutions from concept through execution
· Interpreting information and requirements
· Must possess the ability to manage multiple projects and balance priorities
Product Delivery Engineer
Clearsense is building an end-to-end data platform for healthcare companies based in the fastest growing markets around the world. Our Product Delivery team works directly with our customers to help solve their biggest challenges. As a Product Delivery Engineer (PDE), you’ll help solve these challenges by building applications and configurations using the core platform and cutting-edge technologies.
- Work with engineering to write platform configuration code for new features
- Lead the development, execution and review of manual and automated test scripts
- Develop tools that provide customers with unprecedented transparency into their operations
- Build customer specific applications to streamline data integration
- Determine the best approaches to productize platform configuration
- Author and maintain platform configuration documentation
- Write SQL queries to support product implementations
- Proficient programming skills to make minor modifications to existing Java applications as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent 4 years of experience.
- Programming experience
- Strong attention to detail, able to take high level requirements and implement in a self-directed daily basis.
- Motivated, positive and constructive attitude—seeing challenges as opportunities
- Ability to operate in an agile startup environment with evolving requirements
- Strong SQL programming experience, can be across any of the various RDBMS such as Oracle or SQL Server, but this is a must have for this position.
- Java Programming – competent proficiency is required. GO is a plus.
- Comfortable using a shell to interact with Linux or Windows
- Previous experience working in an Agile environment is a plus.
- Strong communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent 4 years of experience.
- Jacksonville, FL